We’ve got just a few more weeks until Spring, and I’m sure you couldn’t be happier about it.
You’ve spent all Winter cooped up indoors and bundled under layer upon layer just trying to stay warm, but soon (and very soon), the world outside will come back to life and be all the warmer for it.
There’s just one problem: Warmer weather usually means more reasons to smile, and without the protection of a scarf or other Wintertime article of clothing constantly acting as a barrier to your smile, you’re going to have to be extra careful whenever someone tells a joke: You just might actually laugh, and in so doing expose all of the flaws in your smile that have been building up like freezer burn in an old ice box.
Letting your smile go without a professional teeth cleaning and examination is a surefire way to invite a big chill into your mouth. It’s the same thing as leaving a car parked and unused over the Winter: You wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t start up the first time you put the key in the ignition.
So too with your smile. Letting an entire season and then some pass you by without seeing your dentist in St. John can allow any number of oral health issues take hold and cause you problems well down the road.
At the very least, letting an entire Winter go by without a professional teeth cleaning can allow a lot of grit and grime to build up within your smile that can make it generally unsightly and unpleasant to look at. All of those cups of coffee, tea, and the seasonal egg nog can easily stain your teeth in just a short period of time.
That nasty bacteria buildup can form plaque around the edges of your smile, which is a sticky film that darkens your teeth and can contribute to a number of conditions, from halitosis to gum disease. And if you’ve got gum disease, then you can’t wait any longer to see me, because you could already be in the throes of periodontitis.
My practice is ready and willing to give you a thorough, high-quality dental cleaning that will allow your smile to meet the coming warmer weather with confidence and beauty!
A Brighter, Cleaner Smile
There are plenty of benefits to getting a professional teeth cleaning, so let’s not waste any more time and five right in!
- Disease prevention – If you come and see me before a case of gum disease digs into the soft tissues of your mouth, then I can stop the problem before it starts! Preventive dentistry is ALWAYS more cost-effective and less intrusive than emergency reactionary procedures.
- Ready for more – A mouth that is free of disease and bacteria is a mouth that is ready for additional dental work. Whether it’s a cosmetic dentistry procedure as simple as a professional teeth whitening treatment, unhealthy teeth and gums must be made healthy before your St. John dentist can enhance your smile above its current “baseline.”
- Cavity blocking – The best rule of thumb for scheduling a professional teeth cleaning is at least once a year. Ideally, it should be twice a year. This way, I can make sure that your sweet tooth isn’t working against you by getting the jump of cavities and making sure they never pose a real threat to the integrity of your teeth.
- Greater intimacy – A fresher, brighter smile which has been cleared of plaque and grime is a smile that’s a lot easier to get close to.
- Renewed confidence – Not only will a professional teeth cleaning improve the quality of your personal life, but it can make it easier to navigate the boardroom with greater self-esteem. In fact, you’ll find that a clean smile can improve many areas of your life where confidence is a key factor.
A clean smile is a smile that can help you live life without worrying over the sights and smells coming out of your mouth, and will allow you to enjoy the full possibilities of the Springtime for the freshest air you’ve ever had the pleasure of breathing!
All that’s left for you to do is make your appointment with my office so that we can give you the polished, healthy teeth and gums you deserve.
To experience for yourself the benefits of a professional teeth cleaning, please call me at 219-213-3600. If you live in Valparaiso, you can reach me at 219-246-5249.
No matter where you live in Northwest Indiana, you can click here to request an appointment online.
Creating Smiles, PC, located in St. John and Valparaiso, Indiana, offers everything you need for a healthy smile and a healthier life. Dr. Kapers and his team can take the anxiety and uncertainty out of dental visits with sedation dentistry, and we're the premier provider of dental implants in the region.